Register here to enroll in the entire Strengthening Tier 1 Series. Upon completion of payment contact Megan Wilky, email@example.com or 512-919-5120, for enrollment to be completed.
This is an online course video series in which you will learn powerful, evidence-based reading strategies with guidance on how to integrate into ELA lessons. Each course is a video of a complete face-to-face workshop facilitated by Jennifer Johnson, the Director of 504 Services, Dyslexia, RtI, and PreK in Comal ISD. In the videos, Jennifer explicitly models and inspires effective reading instruction. This series includes a multitude of engaging and fun activities for teachers of students K-2, or students who are just beginning to read, ELs included. Each course includes free downloadable instructional materials and links to valuable resources. These courses can also be used to prepare for the Science of Teaching Reading (STR) exam.
- Phonological to Phonemic Awareness Continuum
- Bridging Phonemic Awareness with Beginning Phonics
- The Six Syllable Types
- Sight Words-Strategies for Teaching Irregular and High Frequency Words
- Reading Fluency
- Spelling Beyond Memorized Lists
- M&M – Multisyllabic Words and Morphemes
- Putting the Pieces Together – Connecting All 5 Components of Reading Instruction
- Small Group Instruction and RtI