These online sessions are a collaboration between Miya Breavrd and Kerri Bowles at Region 8. The sessions are intended to be completed like items on a buffet at your favorite cafe. Complete the modules that are relevant to you, pass by the ones that aren’t. We will add topics continuosly.
The Cafe will be broken into Administrative and Teacher strands, but anyone can view any session. Most administrative modules are just FYI type modules. Quick, short videos to talk about various components of CTE. The teacher modules will all have an associated activity or assignment to use to track completion for the purposes of credits. Completion of a minimum of 6 modules will receive 6 credits.
The administrative modules that will be open when the course is launched include:
- Perkins Program Guidelines
- New CTE Innovative Courses (this one includes an optional assignment for credit)
- Where does it say that?
- New CTE Codes
- Online Career Investigation Tools
- Using Workforce Data in your CTE Program (this one includes an optional assignment for credit)
- Strategies for Special Populations Success (this one includes an optional assignment for credit)
The teacher modules that will be open when the course is launched include:
- Breaking Down the TEKS
- CTE Nuts & Bolts
- Get it Together! (Classroom and Instructional Organization)
- WBL Forms and Files
- Explicit Instruction Vocabulary
- Greenhouse Management
- Growing Cool Season Cut Flowers
- Managing a School Based Print Shop
- Understanding Sublimation Printing
- Integrating Science Into CTE Classrooms
- Integrating Math Into CTE Classrooms
- Creating a Vase Arrangement
- Modifications and Accomodations in CTE