Strategies for General Educators Working with Students with ASD
This course is designed to give general educators, parents, administrators, paraprofessionals and others quick, practical strategies that can be easily implemented in the general education classroom.
This is the complete course that combines 12 individual strategies segmented in previous courses. Learners will view and answer questions for the following strategies:
- Understanding Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Get to Know the Individual Student
- Create Predictability
- Establish Clear Expectations (Social and Behavioral)
- Establish Clear Expectations (Academic)
- Create a Positive Learning Community
- Promote Positive Peer Interaction
- Use Instructional Strategies That Promote Successful Learning
- Use Behavioral Strategies That Promote Successful Learning
- Develop a Plan to Address Challenging Behavior
- Borrow from the Special Educator's Toolbox
- Respect Each Student's Dignity and Need for Autonomy
Who is this for?
General Education Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Paraprofessionals, District Support Staff, Behavior Specialists, Autism Specialists, Parents
Who do I contact for more information?
Autism, Inclusion, Progress in the General Curriculum, Special Education
1 - Planning, T-TESS 3 - Learning Environment, T-TESS 1.3 - Planning: Knowledge of Students, T-TESS 3.2 - Learning Environment: Managing Student Behavior, T-TESS 3.3 - Learning Environment: Classroom Culture
Online Course, Self-directed
CPE Credits: 6.00
Registration Closes: 9/1/2025
Ends: 10/1/2025 11:59 pm